Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finally an update!

Sorry its been so long since I've blogged---but we went for our official 7 week u/s and we have one healthy  little bean right where it should be! Leading up to the u/s I was worried about ectopic and then had two days off work for cramping a few days before our appt.---got a bit scared that the embryos had floated back up my tubes--which many people don't realize is still a risk for IVFers. So it was a HUGE relief to see that beating heart right where it should be. (and the cramping can be a side effect of the prometrium)
We have just passed our nine week point--almost 10 weeks and what that means is NO MORE PROMETRIUM!! I know those lil puppies are really good for my uterus lining and the little bean but I will not miss those at all. I'm actually going to have a Farewell Prometrium party (with sparkling juice of course!)

1 comment: