Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tummy aches and a missing AF

So I have passed my first week of Synarel and a little concerned that my AF has not shown up yet. The clinic said to expect one once starting the sprays and this Saturday I go for my first blood test to find out if my levels are low enough to start my injections. I'm a little concerned they won't let me start if I haven't gotten my AF. (and no no no I am not pregnant..haha I know what you are all thinking)
Yesterday I had to leave work cause I had really bad stomach pains although I'm not sure it was related to drugs or something I ate or maybe just this crazy heat wave we are in. After a two hour nap I woke up feeling fine.
My appetite is still pretty much one meal a day--although I am trying to eat a smaller lunch and get in a bigger dinner for energy levels. I hope to finish packing a lot of our loose ends over the next couple days and my DH is spending his days off taking loads over and organizing our big moving day on the 17th. We also get our new car today--thank god for the A/C as I almost died driving across the city in this heat!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Me and my DH are going too be Starting IVF in October (unless you know!!). I just wanted too say thank you for writing this blog, I really though I was the only one, feeling the way I do!! But your words have gave hope and strength. Thank-you so much!! We send you all the luck in the world !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting--and not to worry you are certainly not alone. There is also a great network of people at www.ivf.ca where you can stay in touch with people from all over. Best of luck to you and your DH--and hopefully your lil bean soon enough!

    ReplyDelete