Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Friday, October 29, 2010

Feeling like I won the lottery

I am almost at the 16 week mark--FOUR MONTHS pregnant and this week I realize just how lucky DH and I am. I've been following all the ladies I cycled with during IVF that resulted in pregnancy--I think there is about 8 or 9 of us---out of 30 or so...each one of us knowing how extremely lucky we were.

While I was browsing around some of the other ivf blogs I just can't belief the amount of heartache and disappointment that goes along with it. I read one woman's story after four ivfs---her cycle yet again has been cancelled due to poor response from her ovaries (even with all those injections pumping in the crazy hormone drugs)--I don't know where they find the strength to keep their chin up and look ahead to the next cycle. 

The odds are low and I knew that going in which just makes me realize just how much of a miracle my lil bean is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment