Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MIA but back in action

So I realized this morning that I've really put my blogging on hold and I'm not sure what happened...part of me didn't want to write my joy into words in case things took a turn for the worse. As a first time pregger and IVFer I can admit I have been pretty calm about twitches, cramps, aches and pains--I have yet to drive to the ER for confirmation that my bean is still where it should be--BUT throughout my whole first trimester it did sit in the back of my mind that things can go wrong at the most unexpected moment.
Well I am officially onto my second trimester and after an amazing u/s on Tuesday I am feeling more like this is all really happening. The baby was extremely active--so much so the technician had a very difficult time getting the neck measurement. The entire time I had a permanent smile across my face and be amazed at the baby bouncing its feet off my uterine wall (of course I won't be smiling if he/she does that all day once I can feel him/her  LOL)
My symptoms are as strong as ever with nausea (and sickness) getting worse by the weeks---I was hoping week 12 was my saviour but oh no it only gets worse with my poor DH having to witness me losing my breakfast into a bag while we make our morning drive into the city.--no stopping on the express lanes during rush hour :(
I have also just discovered I am anemic--probably from being pregnant but is a HUGE explanation as to why I've been breathless after going up the stairs and a high heart rate (130 resting!)--but no fear it is typical in pregnancy and I'll start a supplement after a second test.
One of the hardest things for me has been being under the care of my family DR. and not my fertility DR. who I trust immensely. I have told my family DR. twice now that I am an IVF patient--every time she fills my blood work form she goes to tick off NO in the IVF box. I just feel like the care isn't up to par and am counting down the days till I get to my OB at Credit Valley Hospital!!
So until Nov. 17th I'll try and stay sane!
This weekend should be a great time for us as we have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. I went on a buffalo shopping trip with my sister and two close friends (all of whom are prego) and couldn't resist buying one little outfit at Carters---a first thanksgiving onezie with a turkey hat--can't wait to show it off next year at the cottage!!
Happy thanksgiving to all the mommas, mommas to be and mommas in waiting!

1 comment:

  1. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, the best Mama to be that I know :)There's a ton of people behind you, sharing in your joy. The future holds amazing things. Love Love Love Love LOVE

    ReplyDelete