Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Friday, April 30, 2010

The waiting game *sigh*

I have to say the worst part of trying to conceive is the waiting game between your ovulation date and the date that you can take a HPT...an unbearable two weeks! I have one more week left before I can pee on a stick and two more weeks until we visit Dr. Powers. The only way I can describe it is a mixture between excitement, butterflies in your tummy and vomiting--the same feeling I got when I was 10, waiting to go on stage for my dance recital. I would be bouncing on my heels, clenching my sweaty hands but excited to see the lights go down so I could run on stage to take my position.  Less than five minutes later it would be over as I could see my parents enthusiastically clapping their hands. Except now I have that feeling for two WEEKS---and then when I do pass the 28 day mark, the fear to actually pee on the stick sets in....do I really want to see the results or hang onto hope for one (or two) more days. My husband prefers not to test and just wait and see if AF turns up--If I listened to his advice we would have saved a huge chunk on HPT! :)
Keeping the fingers crossed--like always---that this is our month.

No comments:

Post a Comment