Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Saturday, May 8, 2010

The countdown for consultation....

Only five more days until my DH and I make the 2 hour trek back to London Health Science Centre and I can honestly say it has been a long five months since our last appointment. I always thought we would be driving back full of excitement to see an ultrasound of our baby---but now we are full of excitement to take the next step.
A lot of people have been asking me why we go so far when we live in Toronto and there are so many great facilities in our area and it all comes down to TRUST. Not only does our DR --Dr. Power-- have my entire medical history and saved my life once already (literally)....he has the best bedside manner you could ever ask for in a fertility doctor. He holds your hand and reassures you and when you leave his office you feel as if you have accomplished another step towards becoming a parent. I would drive twice the distance to be under his care.
Making the trek is also not as bad as it sounds. I get to spend 2 hours with my DH before AND after appointments where we get to talk everything over. We have spent a few overnights in London and made them into adventures and everytime it ends in laughter. I was so nervous to get my HSG that I was glad my DH and I came in the night before and spent the night in bed watching movies on our laptop. I can honestly say I cherish the time we have and that we aren't rushing from work to an appointment only to leave each other minutes after to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment