Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Surprisingly this weekend was harder for me than I thought--I never considered Mother's Day affecting me but it's just another reminder that after so much aching for Baby Hastings I am still not a Mother or Mother-to-be. I feel guilty having such sad thoughts when I have so much love in my life and so many of those close to me are amazing Mothers that I look up to. I am extremely lucky to still have my mum in my life and never take this for granted, speaking with her every day and making sure I visit at least once every two weeks (if not more). My mother is the strongest person I know who has raised three amazing daughters and is the proud grandmother to my 2 nephews and 2 nieces. One day I hope to make her a grandmother once again.
To my mother--Happy Mother's Day and thank you for always being an inspiration in my life. To my sisters--Happy Mother's Day and thank you for always being my rock, supporting my decisions and most of all just listening. To my friend JC-Happy Mother's Day and thank you for showing me how to be strong (you are an amazing mother and your mom would be proud). To my friend MS--Happy Mother's Day and thank you for showing me that there IS a light at the end of a dark tunnel. To my sister-in-law and all my friends who have been blessed-Happy Mother's Day and thank you for allowing me to be a part of you and your little ones life. I am eternally grateful to each and every one of you.

For those of you still struggling to conceive I like to think of us as Mothers-in-waiting and know that our time will come. Here is a great poem I read on a recent blog that can brighten up your day. *Baby dust to all*

“Happy Mother's Day”

It comes around every year;
but when you have empty arms,
it's very hard to hear.
It's a day to celebrate a mother,
for all the trials she overcame;
and a reminder to an infertile
of her loneliness and shame.
But what really makes a mother,
Is it just conception and birth?
Or is there something more,
that shows a mother's worth?
It's putting your child first,
in everything you do;
it's sacrifice and determination,
and love and patience too.
An infertile woman makes all her plans,
around a child not yet conceived;
she loves them even though they aren't here,
more than she ever could have believed.
She appreciates and understands,
what a blessing that children are;
she works hard for just a chance,
that motherhood is not that far.
All odds are stacked against her,
and yet she still has hope;
everyday is another struggle,
finding ways to help her cope.
So even though her arms are empty,
she can still be a mother too;
So say a special “Happy Mother's Day”
for those waiting for their dreams to come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment