Just one person's tale to tell....

I am a 35-year-old journalist who has decided there is no better way to overcome difficult times than to write--feel free to post, comment or just read along. This is my blog about the struggles I endured of trying to conceive. For all those out there who are experiencing the same difficulties--sometimes it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
"I have not failed 10000 times; I have successfully found 10000 ways that do not work." ~ Thomas Edison


Friday, May 28, 2010

This just made my day...

So last night before heading to the theatre to watch SATC 2 (which is exactly what a girl needs every night) I decided to browse the shelves at Chapters. Since getting my Toronto Library card a month ago I have not stepped foot into my beloved Chapters and I started to feel guilty at our fading relationship--so off I went with my iced tea lemonade in hand and debit card tucked away from any purchases. Now it may just be me but I've always gone to the pregnancy and health section to try and find more info on infertility and was constantly frustrated with the lack of books. I have gone to a few libraries but many books are outdated or for reference only (and I want to snuggle up in bed and take it all in --not sit in the library taking notes to show my DH).But I have to admit I hated the thought of having to ask a book clerk where the infertility books were stashed, wanting to avoid that sympathy stare some people give you when they hear you can't conceive. But since I've started this blog and surrounded myself with positivity I can pretty much talk to anyone about infertility-- AND with  complete ease (it took some time but I think eventually you just want to be open about things and share what you are going through). Well as it turns out I was in the wrong section the whole time...and there IS a fertility section with many books on how to conceive. While most of the books discuss issues that don't pertain  to our situation it still put a smile on my face that they existed--and the best part of my trip was discovering " Infertility for Dummies". I love it...you always say that there is one of these books for everything--well now I truly think these publishers are amazing. After reading through the IVF section I might consider buying this book as it really does put everything into general terms for you---as well I thought it would be a great book to give to family members who might have questions or want to know more about what we will be going through. Lesson learned--ask and you shall receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment